How does the Setel EV charging feature work?
Setel paves the way to inclusive mobility by providing a new EV (electric vehicle) charging feature.
Setel EV users can now locate their preferred charging station and the type of charger, activate the charger via the app from within their EVs, pay via Setel Wallet & earn Mesra points with every transaction.
How do I find a charging station?
- Tap EV Charging on the home page.
Locate the charging stations near you.
- Tap on the arrow icon to get directions using your desired navigation app.
- You can also tap View details to learn more about the location before tapping the Get directions button to navigate to the location.
How do I start a charging session?
- When you arrive at a charging station, select Start Charging to begin the process.
- Select an available charger and a compatible connector nozzle then tap on Activate Charger.
- Once the charger is successfully activated, plug the cable into your vehicle and the charging session will start.
Note: Should that prompt an error, plug the cable into your vehicle before activating the charger.
How do I stop a charging session?
After you've charged your car to the desired level, you can stop charging by tapping on Stop Charging in the app or unlocking the connector from your car, car key, or charger.
Remember to unplug the connector from your vehicle and the charger so that other users may use it. If you've brought along your own charger cable, do collect it back upon completion of charging.
Kindly ensure that the charging session has stopped completely before unplugging the connector.
How do I monitor my charging status?
After you have activated the charger, connect & plug the cable from the charger into your vehicle, and you will be able to view the charging status in the app.
What type of chargers are available on Setel?
These chargers are currently available on Setel:
- Type 2
What is the difference between CCS2, Type 2 and CHAdeMO?
- Type2 - An AC slow charging only suited for hybrid PHEV and also full BEV cars with CCS ports.
- CCS2 - A DC charging connector usually at DCFC chargers with (Combined Charging System) that can allow EV cars to use either a CCS2 (fast)/ Type2 (slow) charging if necessary.
- CHAdeMO -A DC connector only for Japanese EV cars like Nissan Leaf & incompatible with Type2/CCS2 port so it's quite rare. Available only at DCFC units & not AC wall chargers.
What do the charger power levels listed mean?
The power level indicates the maximum charging power the charger can deliver to the vehicle.
I am not a Setel user. Will I be able to use the EV charging feature?
Unfortunately, this feature is only available to Setel users.
Will a charging cable be provided at the charging station?
A cable will be provided at locations with DC Fast Chargers. At locations with AC Slow Chargers, you will need to bring your own charging cable.
We highly encourage you to bring along your own cable at all times as a contingency.
Is there a minimum charging time required?
There is no minimum charging time required. Rates are based on the charging duration or kWh depending on the charging station.
Is there a maximum charging time?
There is no maximum charging time.
As other EV users need to charge their vehicles, you can be considerate to others by parking your vehicle at the dedicated bay and disconnecting your cable right after you've completed charging.
How will I know if an EV charging station is available?
You will be able to locate the closest EV charging station to you in the app. We are working continuously to enhance your experience so that you can check on the availability of a charging station.
Stay tuned to our social media channels or website for updates!
How can I pay for EV charging on Setel?
You can pay for EV charging with either Setel Wallet or your credit/debit card.
Stay tuned for more payment options!
How many Mesra points can I earn when I pay for EV charging on Setel?
You can earn 1 Mesra point for every RM5 transaction.
What are the charging rates on Setel?
Charging rates are calculated based on the charger type (AD/DC), time usage, and kWh at each location.
You can find the charging rates by
- Tapping EV Charging on the home page.
- Search your preferred charging station.
- Tap on View Details to view the charging rates per connector.